Tuesday, May 19, 2009

One Of My Best Days



Estulio and I sat in the sun on the community centre roof for a long time this morning, drinking Cokes, and talking through details of how things can work after we leave. He's forty years old, and has been on the town committee for the last 25 years. He was born here, has seen the town grow from 80 to 800 in the last twenty years, and supervised the building of the community centre. He remembers when there was no road, no power, no water, and no school. He has worked tirelessly to bring these things to his community, to raise a fine family, and to help the kids have a future. We talked about how God blesses things, step by step.

I wrote out Stan's and my cell numbers in Canada for him today, and he wanted to call Stan right away, just to say hello. It's his first international phone call ever.

There is a song by Geoff Moore, called "One Of My Best Days". The chorus goes like this:

And all the world was right,
And I felt so full and alive
In the wonder and the light,
And I would never be the same,
For I knew somehow I had changed.
Even now I'd have to say,
It was one of my best days.


Posted via Pixelpipe.

1 comment:

Gary & Lynda said...

What a great way to see what God is doing through you and Estulio. It is amazing what God can do when we take our eyes off of our selves and give others a hand up. You and your team are truly an inspiration to us all.

Dios te bendiga muy muy mucho! :)