Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Last Look Back



When I was little, our family would plant our big garden together. It was hard, sweaty work, and when you finished, you wanted to head straight to the house.

My dad taught us to stop at the edge of the garden, look back on the planted rows, and think about hope. Imagine what will grow, and give thanks for the rain and the miracle of new life. And most importantly, remember that you are only the sower, not the creator.

Our planted rows today are beautiful in our eyes.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I'm sitting here at work with tears streaming down my face.

Thank you - for the work you have done, the sacrifices your family made, for the seeds you have sown and for sharing it with us.

Thank you for loving these people - their country - their traditions.

Thank you for bring a piece of hope to them and an opportunity for their children to continue to strive for the best that they can be.

I can't wait until my next trip to Tierra Linda - to visit the preschool - to see the computer lab - and the library.

Safe travels home and God Bless.