Monday, April 27, 2009

Library research



This is Stan and Ron who, along with Dave, visited a lady who helps libraries today. She gave us a few books, and we are welcome to return for more.

Please pray for us tomorrow afternoon. We have an appointment at 4:00 with the Guatemala representative for Scholastic Books in Guatemala City. She said she would be able to help us with getting books, but we don't know exactly how generous "help" means yet. I know that Scholastic is the best and cheapest way to get the best books for school children. We have already spent our budget on books, but we have faith that connecting with the Scholastic rep will still be fruitful.

Posted via Pixelpipe.

3 comments:

shelley said...

Stan I think you should compile a Conexion's Book from years gone by so they can display it on those new shelves to.

Vanessa said...

Dave, I contacted the woman who set up the last bookdrive for me for the San Antonio Palopo school. She said she's going to try to get one together and hopefully it will go well because last December I carried down HUNDREDS on brand new books!! I'm hoping I can do the same for you guys this December! I will be in touch when I know more! I already have a very kind lady who said she will help me pay the cost of shipping them down via our Medrano shipment!! FINGERS CROSSED!! Oh and you want these for Tierra Linda correct?

Dave MacDonald said...

Vanessa, that would be fantastic. Yes, the books would definitely be for Tierra Linda. Looking forward to more news - thanks!